I am the biggest fan of Chai Tea Lattes, for both its flavour and health benefits. I used to be a coffee lover, but it negatively fuelled my anxiety to an extreme. The caffeine would give me a shaking body and racing thoughts, which was NOT the ideal way for me to start my day! My switch to chai was one of the best decisions I have made for myself, and I would like to share why.
- Chai has a third of the caffeine content that coffee has. So, I still get my morning boost of caffeine without all of the negative side effects.
- The cinnamon promotes circulation and deeper breathing, bringing a sense of calm and wellness (it also has antibacterial properties)
- The nutmeg promotes digestion
- It is a mood elevator due to the cardamom – and this spice also helps functioning of kidney, lungs, and heart, making our bodies happy too 🙂
- Because it is a black tea, it is rich in antioxidants.
- It is so DELICIOUS!!
If you can forgo your morning cup of Jo, try drinking a Chai Tea Latte instead. Besides its many health benefits, its spicy flavour is so addicting and yummy. My favourite Chai Tea Latte’s are made with almond milk, with lots of foam and cinnamon. Let me know what you think!